Fantasy Dreamer's Book Meme

I've seen this book meme on a couple of blogs, Literary Escapism and Anna's Book Blog. It looked like something fun to do and wanted to give it a go. As I was going through these questions, I realized just how tough some of them were to answer. You'll be able to tell by my vague answers. Also, I did add one question, "Favorite Fantasy?" The question list just didn't seem complete without it for me.

What author do you own the most books by?
Sherrilyn Kenyon. I have every one of the books on the Dark-Hunters and Dream-Hunters series, including anthologies and guide. Also, have all of the Drizzt Do'Urden books by R.A. Salvatore.

What book do you own the most copies of?
Two copies of Gena Showalter's Heart of the Dragon, one is autographed by Gena. I usually do not have more than one copy of a book. I don't collect multiples of the same book, one copy is good enough.

What fictional character are you secretly in love with?
I wouldn't say I was ever in love with a character, I would call it a crush or puppy love. That being said, I'm a "book du jour girl" when it comes to the fictional characters in a books, a book hussie.

What book have you read more than any other?
I really don't like to reread books because I am so enthralled with the aspects of the unknown/not knowing when it comes to reading.

What was your favorite book when you were ten years old?
I really don't remember what I was reading at that age. But I will say The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis to this day, is a bright spot in my childhood reading.

What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year?
I pondered this question for a good while but came up with nothing.

What is the best book you’ve read in the past year?
In urban fantasy, it's between Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris and The Becoming by Jeanne C. Stein. I really liked both. In Fantasy, The Pirate King by R.A. Salvatore.

If you could tell everyone you tagged to read one book, what would it be?
I would be real hard put to pin down just one book. I like so many books, it almost seems like I would be cheating on one book for another. So, I plead the fifth here.

What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read?
Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture by Martin Fowler, I had to read this for work. The difficult part of reading this book, wasn't understanding it, because I did. It was rereading sections because my mind would wander. Yawn.

Do you prefer the French or the Russians?
Concerning books neither, because I can't read either languages. Not sure why this question is here. o_O

Shakespeare, Milton or Chaucer?
I pick Shakespeare because I've had more exposure to his works.

Austen or Eliot?
Honestly, neither.

What is the biggest or most embarrassing gap in your reading?
I don't have one. I don't read to impress anyone, I read because I enjoy it.

What is your favorite novel?
Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice, has earned this spot since it's the book that introduced me into the world of paranormal/urban fantasy reading.

What is your favorite play?
I don't have one but if I ever got the chance I would love to see Cats.

What is your favorite poem?
The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

What is your favorite essay?
I haven't read an essay since college. And I don't recall what any of them were.

What is your favorite short story?
I just drew a blank here, none come to mind.

What is your favorite non-fiction
Since I don't read non-fiction unless it is a requirement of some sort, I don't have one.

What is your favorite graphic novel?
I haven't read any but I do have The Watchmen on my TBR list.

What is your favorite science fiction?
I haven't read any science fiction in sense of Star Wars type books but I love to watch it. Growing up, Star Trek and Buck Rogers were some of my favorite shows, later as an adult the X-Files. Now a days, it is the Stargate series. I plan on reading Grimspace by Ann Aguirre, which is a space opera.

Who is your favorite writer?
I have too many favorites to name just one. But if the favorite writer question was plural, I would say R.A. Salvatore, Anne Rice, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Jeri Smith-Ready, Barb & J.C. Hendee, Margaret Weiss, Tracy Hickman, Charlaine Harris, Jeanne Stein, Anne Bishop. Should I stop now?

Who is the most over rated writer alive today?
Before I answer, I'm putting up my force field shield because I know there are many who would stone me for this answer. Stephenie Meyers, her books are okay but I do not think they are all that and a bag of chips.

What are you reading right now?
Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione

Best Fantasy?
The Dark Elf Trilogy, Collector's Edition (Homeland, Exile, Sojourn) by R. A. Salvatore

Best Memoir?
I've actually never thought about reading one.

Best History?
History is not a favorite subject of mine, so no books come to mind unless you want to count The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. :D

Best Mystery or Noir?
The Descent by Jeff Long


2 comments:

Mihai A. said...

I have all the Drizzt Do'Urden novels too :) And I am still in love with Drizzt, although sometimes he is in some annoying situations. But I think that the author with the most books in my library is by far, Stephen King.
Very nice post :)

Donna said...

Thanks! It's always nice to run into another Drizzt fan. His books are on my auto-buy list, but when they come in my son always reads them first. He's the one who introduced me to Drizzt Do'Urden novels, so I guess that's only fair. ^_^

Post a Comment

I love hearing from everyone. Tell me what your thinking.


Free counters!
Flag Counter added on October 8, 2010