In the world of the Were-Hunters, like stays with like. Species don't mix and they definitely don't fall in love. But from the moment Aimee Peltier took in a wounded wolf, her heart wouldn't listen to what her head told her.My Ramblings:
However, Fang Kattalakis isn't just a wolf; he is the brother of two of the most powerful members of the Omegrion: the ruling council that enforces the laws of the lyncanthropes. His brothers are the wolf representatives and Aimee's mother represents the Bear clan. Aimee is the heir apparent for her species. There is no way these two can ever be together and they know it.
But when war comes to Sanctuary, the establishment run by Aimee's family, sides must be chosen and enemies are forced into shaky alliances. Aimee is accused of betraying her people, and her only hope is the one man who believes in her. Yet in order to save her, Fang must break the law of his people, and that breech could very well spell the end of both their races.
Fang is gorgeous and hot-headed, the type that acts first then thinks about his actions later. This gets Fang jumping from the frying pan into the fire on many occasions. He is also the type that once your his friend or someone he cares about, he loyalty is unquestionable. Aimee is a sassy, kindhearted and willing to stand up for what she believes in, she also has more than one secret that she kepts hidden, even from her family. Though they are both at odds with their attraction to each other, Fang and Aimee have an easy way with each other, that shows in the conversations between Fang and Aimee.
Like previous Dark-Hunter books, throughout the book you get regular doses of strong, territorial, alpha males, usually with cutting remarks and attitudes to match. And even though this was a Dark-Hunter book, there wasn't much said about them, only a few brief appearances by a couple of past Dark-Hunter characters. This was mainly a book on the Were-Hunters. Simi does makes an appearance and my favorite quote in the book is by her:
"We have three kinds of family. Those we are born to, those who are born to us, and those we let into our hearts."
Bad Moon Rising picks up around the same time period as Night Play, telling the story from Fang and Aimee's point of views, starting with when they first met and spans across past books. It was enjoyable and interesting to view the events as they saw it from their eyes but it started to feel as though I was getting a play by play from the other side of the court, a rehash of past books instead of reading a new story. More than half way through the book, it starts to pick up and get more interesting with new characters and another realm being introduced with added twists to the plot.
Overall, Bad Moon Rising was an enjoyable read, the ending of this book helped makeup for the slow start and I would recommend this book to readers of this series because of the character and realm introductions. Being a Menyon (Kenyon Minion), I plan on getting the next book in this series, which is Aimee's brother Dev Peltier's book Scars and Souvenirs, set to release on August 4, 2010.
The Dark-Hunters series are paranormal romances centered around shifters, vampires (these vamps aren't your typical vamps), and gods of different mythos. This series really should be read in order because of the complex system of characters and different realms that exist in the Dark-Hunters' world. By reading in order, a reader would better understand the background and nuances of each book, making them a more enjoyable read.
Dark-Hunters / Dream-Hunters Series in reading order:
I tried to put these in chronological order, and please note you do not have to read the short stories and novellas to keep up with the series.
- Fantasy Lover - Dark-Hunter 1
- Dragonswan - Dark-Hunter, Novella
- Night Pleasures - Dark-Hunter 2
- Night Embrace - Dark-Hunter 3
- Phantom Lover - Dream-Hunter short story in the Midnight Pleasures Anthology
- Dance with the Devil - Dark-Hunter 4
- Kiss of the Night - Dark-Hunter 5
- Night Play - Dark-Hunter 6
- Winter Born - Dark-Hunter short story in the Stroke of Midnight Anthology
- Seize the Night - Dark-Hunter 7
- Sins of the Night - Dark-Hunter 8
- Second Chances - Dark-Hunter short story in The Dark-Hunter collectible booklet & The Dark-Hunter Companion
- Unleash the Night - Dark-Hunter 9
- Dark Side of the Moon - Dark-Hunter 10
- A Hard Day's Night Searcher - Dark-Hunter short story in the My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding Anthology
- A Dark-Hunter's Christmas - Dark-Hunter short story in The Dark-Hunter Companion
- Until Death We Do Part - Dark-Hunter short story in the Love at First Bite Anthology
- Fear the Darkness - Free Dark-Hunter novella in e-book format.
- The Dream-Hunter - Dream-Hunter 1
- Devil May Cry - Dark-Hunter 11
- Upon The Midnight Clear - Dream-Hunter 2
- Dream Chaser - Dream-Hunter 3
- Acheron - Dark-Hunter 12
- One Silent Night - Dark-Hunter 13
- Shadow of the Moon- Dark-Hunter short story in Dead After Dark Anthology
- Dream Warrior - Dream-Hunter 4
- Bad Moon Rising - Dark-Hunter 14
- Scars and Souvenirs - Dark-Hunter 15, Aug. 4, 2010