A couple of years ago, my son introduced me to R.A. Salvatore and ever since I've been devouring the books on Drizzt as soon as they publish. Well, actually I have to wait until my son reads the books first, then I get my turn. Right now, he is reading The Ghost King and he keeps telling me how much he's enjoying the book. So my anticipation to read this last installment in the Transition Trilogy is starting to build, exponentially.
Since I first discovered R.A. Salvatore, he fast became one of my favorite authors in the fantasy genre. Through him I've lived the trials and tribulation of Drizzt Do’Urden, a dark elf, who has captured my imagination and my heart through his action packed exploits. The secondary characters that surround Drizzt, have their own charms and unique personalities, they add to the mulitple layers built into these books. If you haven't read any of the Drizzt books, I highly recommend you check them out. To get you started here's a pdf link to the series order. This is a series that should be read in order.
R.A. Salvatore will conducting a book tour throughout October into November. Look! SciFiGuy.ca is on the book tour for October 14th!
Information from Wizards of the Coast:
To celebrate the release of The Ghost King, Salvatore will travel across the United States, to Canada to chat with fans and sign copies of his books. Tour stops include:
- Atlanta, GA: Mon., October 19 at Georgia Center for the Book, 7:15 pm
- St. Louis, MO: Tues., October 20 at Left Bank Books, 7 pm
- Toronto, ON: Wed., October 21 at World’s Biggest Bookstore, 7 pm
- West Chester, PA: Thurs., October 22 at Chester County Book Co., 7:30 pm
- Johnstown, NY: Fri., October 23 at Mysteries on Main Street, 7 pm
- Poughkeepsie, NY: Sat., October 24 at Barnes & Noble, 12 pm
- SciFiChick: Mon., October 12
- BSCreview: Tues., October 13
- SciFiGuy: Wed., October 14
- Elitist Book Reviews: Thurs., October 15
- Suvudu: Fri., October 16 at www.scififanletter.blogspot.com and www.suvudu.com (7-8 p.m. EST)
- Fantasy Book Critic: Sat., October 17
- Borders Babel Clash Tour: Tues., October 27 to Mon., November 9
- Barnes & Noble Center Stage Tour: Mon., November 16 to Fri., November 20
R.A. Salvatore is best known as the creator of the dark elf Drizzt, one of the fantasy genre's most beloved characters. With over 15 million books sold in the U.S. alone, more than four dozen books to his credit, nearly 20 New York Times bestsellers and numerous game credits, Salvatore has become one of the most important figures in modern epic fantasy. His first published novel was The Crystal Shard in 1988. Since that time, Salvatore has published numerous novels, including the New York Times bestselling The Halfling's Gem, Sojourn, and The Legacy.