2010 Will be a Year of Milestones & Goals

GoalsThis will probably be my final post for 2009. I had thought about reflecting on 2009 but instead I'd rather spotlight what's coming for me in 2010.

In milestones, 2010 will mark for me (The OCD in me likes that the last 3 are divible by 5 *grins*):

  • 1 year of blogging
  • 10 years of marriage
  • 15 years working for the same company
  • 20 years being a mother

Goals. I want the year of 2010 to be a year of accomplishments and satifaction in my everyday life.

  • Find my own blogging pace and write more book reviews. I'll be aiming for quality and not quantity in my blog posts.
  • Get back into an exercise routine, it’s been nearly a year since I’ve been to the gym. <— So NOT good for my borderline high blood pressure. Also excercise ups the energy level, which means more can be done, not to mention the feeling of accomplishment. I'm actually looking forward to the excercise burn!
  • Spend more time in the real world and less time online. Okay, that statement sounds ominous but it isn't. I will still be online, surfing the wonderful blogs out there—only I'll be limiting my time. I think Colleen Lindsey sums up what I've been thinking best, check out her post reflecting on this past year and the coming year. Colleen's post was a HUGE motivator for me on deciding my goals for 2010 because her words just made so much sense to me.

Well, that's it in a nutshell! Short and simple. What are you planning for 2010?

Category: 19 comments

19 comments:

Chris said...

Good luck on your goals - they sound very doable. :)

Probably my #1 goal for 2010 should be getting back into an exercise routine...

Elmer Boutin said...

Quality not quantity is a good goal for anyone's blogging efforts.

Getting more into "real" life is good, too. No matter what you do you need to have balance. I think you'll do quite well shooting for that.

Angiegirl said...

Those are some solid goals and some impressive milestones. Best of luck!

Amy C said...

You have great goals. I wish you all the best in the new year, Donna!

It's so nice to have met you. And I'm looking forward to another great year of blogging with you :)!

Liviania said...

Those are all good goals.

I'm working on my goals right now. I've always aimed for quality, but I want to aim for more quantity, in the spirit of steady content. In other words, I want at least one review and one other post each week.

Happy New Year!

Anna said...

Those are great goals! I have a few that I hope to stick to. :) Happy New Year!

Sophia (FV) said...

Wonderful goals Donna!! Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Hi Donna!

Great goals for 2010!! Very similar to my own, lol! The one goal I have to stick to is now to gain any more weight, lol. I was going to go for losing weight, but I think I know that's not going to happen!! So hard to diet.

Have a Great New Year!!

((hugs))

Dottie :)

Ivy said...

I love your goals for 2010! I wish you the best! Happy New Year Everyone!

Leontine said...

As we say in the Netherlands; "toi toi toi" for good luck on the goals :) What I want is to balance it all more, time to read, time to do ROOB and Blog stuff, time spend with hubby/family and friends. But most of all I want a bit more time to read, I realized last month I still have some books in my all time favorite series to read and all I could think is; How did that happen? In the "old days" I would've read them the minute they arrived in my MB LOL

Have a fabulous 2010 Donna!

Blodeuedd said...

Happy New year!

Good goals

SusiSunshine said...

Wow, amazing milestones. I so hope you can reach your goals this year!
Happy New year hon and enjoy 2010!

Unknown said...

I like all your milestones... It will also be 1 year of blogging for me too in July. Finding own blogging pace is a good one, I still haven't managed to do that and it's been six months!

I hope you achieve all your goals. Happy New Year, Donna! :)

Jamie said...

Goals are so much better than resolutions. I'm going to try and tackle getting in shape. I too have border line high blood pressure. *scary*. Good luck!
Stacy

Alexia561 said...

Excellent goals Donna! And I get a kick out of your major milestones being divisible by 5 as well. :)

Heading over to check out Colleen's post now. Thanks for a great year!

Happy New Year!

Vickie said...

Excellent and realistic goals. I can empathize. I plan on working out on a daily basis, whatever that happens to be which is good for my borderline high blood pressure issues. I plan on reading more, blogging more reviews (better quality reviews). I know there are more, but I can't think of them right now...can't find my list!!! Where's my list?

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with your goals! Happy New Year!! :)

Donna said...

Thank you everyone! I hope everyone has enjoyed the start of 2010.

I actually went to the gym yesterday and I feel about it. My legs are a bit sore today but that's a good thing. Now, if I can just keep it up. :)

Christine said...

Congratulations on those milestones and I wish you the best at accomplishing those goals for 2010!

You can do it! :)

Post a Comment

I love hearing from everyone. Tell me what your thinking.


Free counters!
Flag Counter added on October 8, 2010