About Me

What My Blog's About
I try to write reviews about the books I really enjoyed, I don't have time to write a review about every book I read that I liked. Maybe I can one day, when my two full time jobs, work and family, slow down a bit, at least the work part. I also post my reviews on Goodreads and Amazon.com.

The type of books you'll find me writing about on my blog, will in the Urban Fantasy, Fantasy, Horror, Steampunk, Paranormal Romance, and YA Fantasy genres, pretty much most anything with a paranormal twist to it. Every now and again, I will blog about music or movies that have moved me enough to say something to the world about.

Reviews
Not accepting any books for review at this time due to time constraints.

My Reading History
I've pretty much been an avid reader most of my life. Notice I say most? Well, for a time, while my son was younger, it just didn't seem like I could find time to read plus the fact I didn't really find much I wanted to read during that time period. Things like the internet were available to help find books, at the time. Wow, do I feel old saying that!

When I was a teenager, I read a lot of historical romances by authors like Victoria Holt, whatever I could find at the library especially if it involved ghosts or witches. Then I moved on to horror books, like Ghost Story by Peter Straub. Eventually I found Anne Rice, I fell in love with her work. Periodically, I would read mysteries that had a supernatural spin to them, like Dean Koontz. I stumbled upon Kelley Armstrong's Bitten, when it was first published in the early '90s, I loved that book. But I couldn't find more books similar to it nor had any of the other books in the Women of the OtherWorld been published yet. This is when another one of my reading hiatus ensued.

I started reading again several years ago, my son talked me into reading a Dragonlance novel. Soon, I was lost in the worlds that Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman created. Of course, the Forgotton Realms was next, Drizzt Du'Orden is my hero! I stayed in the fantasy genre for awhile reading authors like Kate Elliott, Michelle Sagara and many more.

While searching on Amazon.com one day, I came across Anne Bishop's Black Jewels Trilogy and bought it. Oh, my gods!!!! I love that series. This was a major turning point in my reading. I found I really liked the steamy romance mixed with paranormal. But I never came across another series like Bishop's though I searched, it wasn't until the end of the summer of '08 that I really found out what the PNR and Urban Fantasy genres had to offer me. I've been playing catch up every since.

My Blogger Profile



Category:

Free counters!
Flag Counter added on October 8, 2010