Movie: Slumdog Millionaire

Slumdog Millionaire is a love story, of meeting one's destiny against the odds, told from the guy's point view. Jamal, a Mumbai teen, played by Dev Pate, grows up in the slums, becomes a contestant on the Indian version of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" The game show host has him arrested under the suspicion of cheating, and while Jamal is being questioned, we are shown the important events from his life that lead up to the 20 million dollar question.

I loved this movie, through out it I was devastated, happy, grossed out and amazed. I had a silly grin on my face when the movie was over, with that feel good feeling in the belly. After the movie ends, there is a dance scene that I just loved. I have included a video of that dance scene and the movie trailer below. If you haven't seen this movie, it is now available to rent or buy. I highly recommend people watch this movie.




3 comments:

Mishel (P.S. I Love Books) said...

I haven't seen this and to tell you the truth wasn't really planning on it either. But with all the hubub going on about how great it is I think I might sit down and rent it and see what's up.

Donna said...

Mishel, I felt the same way about the movie at first. But by the time it came to the theaters by me, I really wanted to see based on all that hubub. I didn't get to see it at the theater, because I couldn't convince my husband to go, since it's not his "type of movie."

What's funny now, after my enthusiastic ramblings about this movie, I've actually have my hubby half way convinced to watch it anyways. ;0)

Mihai A. said...

I liked this movie. It is nicely built and original. It is a nice change from the usual Hollywood movies. But honestly I have to say that I don't think that is a movie of 8 Academy Awards :)

Post a Comment

I love hearing from everyone. Tell me what your thinking.


Free counters!
Flag Counter added on October 8, 2010