3rd Underworld Movie

Well, we went to see Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. It was entertaining but I don't think I liked it as much as the 1st and 2nd Underworld movies. Michael Sheen did a great job as Lucian and so did Rhona Mitra. Bill Nighy did any excellent job with his part as he had in previous movies, he makes a great tyrannic and ruthless vampire. But even with good actors, I kept feeling like something was missing.

I think it might be that Kate Beckinsale and Scott Speedmen make the Underworld movies for me. They have the right chemistry together that made the previous Underworld movies pop! It might also be 'cause I knew how the movie was going to end - Sonya would die in the sun and Lucian would be left alone to live centuries with a broken heart. I'm a sucker for the HEA ending.

If I was going to rate the movie on Yahoo!, I would give it B-. But don't get me wrong, I'm glad I went to the theater to watch it. It's the sort of dark movie that is best viewed at the theater, where it is dark and cavernous.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from everyone. Tell me what your thinking.


Free counters!
Flag Counter added on October 8, 2010