New Releases, Author News & More - 10/6/09

New Releases: If you have a book review for one of new releases listed here, link it in comments and I will be happy to add it to this post.

October 6, 2009

Demon Forged by Meljean Brook
The Guardians Series, Book 8
- Reviewed by

Fire by Kristin Cashore
Sequel to Graceling
- Reviewed by

The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima
Seven Realms Series, Book 1
- Reviewed by

The Van Alen Legacy by Melissa de la Cruz
Blue Bloods Series, Book 4

Dead Man Talking by Casey Daniels
Pepper Martin Mysteries, Book 5

Ice by Sarah Beth Durst
- Reviewed by

A Touch of Dead by Charlaine Harris
Sookie Stackhouse Series, The Complete Novellas
- Reviewed by

Hunting Memories by Barb Hendee
The Vampire Memories Series, Book 2
- Reviewed by

Demon Ex Machina by Julie Kenner
Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom Series, Book 5

Friday Night Bites by Chloe Neill
Chicagoland Vampires Series, Book 2
- Reviewed by

The Ghost King by R. A. Salvatore
Transitions Series, Book 3
- Reviewed by

Lucinda, Dangerously by Sunny
The Demon Princess Chronicles, Book 2
- Reviewed by

Quatrain by Sharon Shinn
Collection of Novellas
-Reviewed by

Seduced By Shadows by Jessa Slade
Marked Souls Series, Book 1
- Reviewed by

Shadowlight by Lynn Viehl
Kyndred Series, Book 1
- Reviewed by

Frostbite by David Wellington

Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld, Keith Thompson (Illustrator)
- Reviewed by

Hex in High Heels by Linda Wisdom
Jazz Tremaine Series, Book 4
- Reviewed by

Dragon Moon by Rebecca York
Moon Series, Book 11
Author News: My author news is pretty lean this week so I'm going to point you over to Literary Escapism. Jackie keeps an ongoing update going throughout the week on where the authors are and what they are up to.
Interesting Tidbits:
Giveaways Around the Virtual World: As always, I hope you find a new a book or an author that you've not heard of before listed here. Good Luck! The ongoing contest list is on my blog's sidebar.

Chris over at Stumbling Over Chaos has a pretty good list of happens and contests, you should head over and check it out.



16 comments:

Angiegirl said...

Hey Donna, great wrap-up! I have a review of FIRE over here:
http://angieville.blogspot.com/2009/06/fire-by-kristin-cashore.html

Mandi said...

Lovely wrap-up. I love how you put all the reviews in next to the book!

I didn't realize Blue Bloods 4 was out today..yay! Not that I have time to read it! :)

Chris said...

Thanks for the mention!

Oh, my, looks like I need to hit a bookstore SOON....

Donna said...

Angie - I don't know how I missed your review! I remember reading it. I've added it. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Mandi - I haven't read any of the Blue Bloods books but I picked up the first one this past weekend at the used book store.

Chris - You're welcome! You have quite a list going over on your blog. :)

Anonymous said...

I love these posts of yours.

A Buckeye Girl Reads said...

Those are a lot of new releases and contests to keep up with. I really liked how you provided the review link w/ the book. :)

Smokinhotbooks said...

I just love these "breaking news" posts you do. Goodness so much drama with the FTC, you would think this was an episode of the Hills.

bks2plz said...

Looking for a great gift for YA, the new fantasy novel, "Gateway to DreamWorld," was released last month and has been receiving rave reviews.

During the cold months ahead, they will curl up in a warm blanket or in front of the fireplace and enter a fantasy world filled with excitement and suspense.

The book is listed on Amazon.com, Barnes&Nobles.com, and Powell’s Books.com

Donna said...

TJ & Colette - Thanks!

KC - I know, right!?! I think most everyone will be alright just as long as they are honest about where their books come from. I've always said where mine come from. I've been lucky to win a few and get some for review but usually they come out of my own wallet. Can you hear the pennies clinking? :)

Aarti said...

Hi there, new follower here! What a really well-organized blog. I am glad I found it. And so many giveaways!

If you're willing, I am giving away three copies of Unseen Academicals on my blog, Booklust, to residents of the US and Canada. It's open until October 12th, here:
http://aartichapati.blogspot.com/2009/10/giveaway-unseen-academicals.html

Kimberly Swan said...

Great info on current genre news, I appreciate all of that work you put in to it! Thank you so much for the mentions as well. :)
Have a great weekend!

VampFanGirl said...

Thanks for the review pimpage Donna!

Wow, lots of good book releases. You have such fabulous info posts, girl. You're one of my favorite romance central hubs! Love it!!

;) VFG

CindaChima said...

Hi, thanks for the mention of The Demon King. There is a review of it at http://www.kidliterate.com/2009/09/04/looking-ahead-the-demon-king-by-cinda-williams-chima/

Cinda Williams Chima

Donna said...

Aatri - Thanks for following! I've added your contest to this post and on the contest sidebar.

Kimberly - Thanks! I think linking to book reviews for new releases helps people decide if they want to run out and the new books. ;)

VFG - I appreciate that! Thanks! I lurve to pimp good reads. :)

Cinda - I have added the book review link to this post. Thanks for the information. :)

MrsMixx said...

I love these posts, i feel like i won't be missing anything happening on the bloggosphere thanks to your post. It's very difficult to keep informed about everyting but you do it very thoroughly Thank you!!
And thanks for linking to my review Donna =)

Donna said...

Hi Pattepoilue - You're welcome lady!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from everyone. Tell me what your thinking.


Free counters!
Flag Counter added on October 8, 2010