Honesty is the Best Policy

I’ve been hording my blog awards again…see #10…

honest_award150 honest-scrap
I received the Honest Scrap award from Alexia's Books and Such..., One Book Away From Heaven, That's QUEEN Bitch To You, The Sordid's Domain of Random Inspiration, and Writings Of A Wicked Book Addict. Thank you! So here are 10 honest things about me.
wonderwomancodemonkey 1. I have a degree in Psychology but for a living I'm a code monkey, writing web applications.
michaeldonna 2. My husband is six years younger then me.
whathappens 3. Online, I am more reserved than I am in real life, where as others seem to cut loose. Why? Because working in the web development industry has brought home the fact that: what happens online, stays online - forever. There are no take backs.
chipAndMe3--16-09 4. I treat Chip, my dog, like he is a member of the family.
taste like chicken-1 5. I love trying new foods. Except I will not eat anything from any part of the anatomy that contains the word "balls" in it's name. And I don't care how much you swear it tastes like chicken.
all-depends-on-whether-you-see-the-glass-half-full-or-half-empty 6. I’m an optimist. I see the glass as half full.
Garrett-Me-08-23-09 7. My son is one of my best friends.
tomboy 8. I was a tomboy growing up and I'm still one. Give me a pair jeans over a dress any day!
lipsticklove 9.  I always get attached to one shade of lipstick and I will keep wearing it until it is discontinued.

procrastination

10. I'm a procrastinator. Most everything I do, is at the last minute. It's my way of living dangerously. LOL!

And a huge thank you for the following blog awards from these fabulous bloggers! Go visit them, they are all great book peeps.

Enchanted by Books
Shaymless Aymless's Thoughts on Books and Life

The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken - excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words.

Book Chick City
The Life of a Wanna-Be Writer

Leontine's Book Realm

Another fantasy book blog but with punch and pie

The Lemonade Award is a feel good award that shows great attitude or gratitude.

Alaine - Queen of Happy Endings

The Heart of a Dragon Award is a very special award for the blogger who inspires you and/or others to go above and beyond or the blogger who helps keep us all connected.

Book Chick City
Leontine's Book Realm

Being a recipient of this award affirms that this blog invests and believes in the Proximity – nearness in space, time and relationships.

Book girl of Mur-y-Castell

The Dragon's Loyalty Award is an award for the loyal fan/commenter, whether the recipient is a fellow blogger or just a someone who follows and comments regularly.

Dark Faerie Tales

“Do you reach for a cup of cocoa or tea when you’re relaxing, seeking comfort, sharing a plate of cookies with family and friends? You know the feeling you get when you drink a yummy cup of cocoa, tea, or a hot toddy ? That is what the Heartfelt Award is all about, feeling warm inside.”

Book Love Affair
Dark Faerie Tales


Carol's Notebook

thank-you

13 comments:

Chris said...

Fun to learn a bit more about you!

Mishel (P.S. I Love Books) said...

Lol you make me smile Donna =) Congrats on all your awards!!

Donna said...

Chris - I tried not to freak anyone out... ;)

Mishel - Thank you!!

Smokinhotbooks said...

How cute are you in your wedding pic with your hubs. I tend to be the opposite for my online personality but then I'm with you, what happens online stays online. With my personal accounts using my full name I never say anything off beat, I'm actually quite boring, it's a wonder that I have any facebook friends.

Blodeuedd said...

A younger man :)
Congrats on all those lovely awards :D

Leontine said...

I loved your 10 honest things and congratz on all the award love Donna :) And look at chip aaahhhhhwwwww how cute! I have four of those size dogs walking around and they are every bit a part of our family too. And the pic of the goat and your comment makes me think of an aunt who did in fact swear it tastes just like chicken...goat or bull balls, I don't which one it was but iieeeewwwww *shivers*

Lola said...

Wow! That is a lot of awards! Congrats! What a wonderful list. I had fun reading it! Thanks for sharing! :)

MrsMixx said...

You deserve all these awards! Congrats Donnz =)
I love the pic of you and your Hubby, so cute.
You are so right about the internet, so often forget that what is written online will always leave a trace. :/
I do treat my pets as part of the family, i even share my bed with my cat AND dog!

Donna said...

KC & Caroline - Thank you both! Yeah, sometimes I get amazed by what some folks say online, I cringe for them. Oh, and Chip sleeps in my bed too. ;)

Blodeuedd - Yeah, he calls me his old lady. But the funny thing is everyone always thinks he's older than me. :)

Leontine - Thank you! I love my Chip. :) And yeah, eeeewwww!! I don't see how people eat those things.

Lily - Thank you!! I'm glad you stopped by. :)

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Hi, Just stopping by to visit and see what the girls are talking about. Nice blog and congrats on your awards!

Hawk

SusiSunshine said...

Congrats to all these great awards hon!
Your answers made me smile.
And I can totally relate with the ball thingie and eating.LOL

Erotic Horizon said...

You deserve everything those awards represent...

You are one of the best of the web...

E.H>

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Congratulations on all your awards! I love the 10 things and your pictures that went with them. 6 years older, huh? My husband is 6 months younger than me and you'd think I was his grandmother the way he teases me about it.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from everyone. Tell me what your thinking.


Free counters!
Flag Counter added on October 8, 2010