New Book Releases for YA Fantasy & Paranormal – December 22, 2009

3 more days until Christmas!!!

Is everyone ready for the big day? I’m almost there, just a couple of more presents to get, then I’m done. But of course when the shopping is done that’s the signal for the baking to begin…at least it is for me.


December 22, 2009

The Dark Divine by Bree Despain

The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
YA Paranormal Romance

RT Book Reviews has the first six chapters to The Dark Divine posted on their blog: Ch. 1 | Ch. 2 | Ch. 3 | Ch. 4 | Ch. 5 | Ch. 6

Summary:
Grace Divine, daughter of the local pastor, always knew something terrible happened the night Daniel Kalbi disappeared--the night she found her brother Jude collapsed on the porch, covered in his own blood--but she has no idea what a truly monstrous secret that night held.

The memories her family has tried to bury resurface when Daniel returns, three years later, and enrolls in Grace and Jude's high school. Despite promising Jude she'll stay away, Grace cannot deny her attraction to Daniel's shocking artistic abilities, his way of getting her to look at the world from new angles, and the strange, hungry glint in his eyes.

The closer Grace gets to Daniel, the more she jeopardizes her life, as her actions stir resentment in Jude and drive him to embrace the ancient evil Daniel unleashed that horrific night. Grace must discover the truth behind the boy's dark secret...and the cure that can save the ones she loves. But she may have to lay down the ultimate sacrifice to do it--her soul.

- Reviewed by


Hearts At Stake by Alyxandra Harvey

Hearts At Stake by Alyxandra Harvey
Book 1, The Drake Chronicles
YA Paranormal

Summary:
On Solange’s sixteenth birthday, she is going to wake up dead. As if that’s not bad enough, she also has to outwit her seven overprotective older brothers, avoid the politics involved with being the only daughter born to an ancient vampire dynasty, and elude Kieran Black—agent of an anti-vampire league who is searching for his father’s killer and is intent on staking Solange and her entire family.

Luckily she has her own secret weapon—her human best friend Lucy—who is willing to defend Solange’s right to a normal life, whether she’s being smothered by her well-intentioned brothers or abducted by a power-hungry queen. Two unlikely alliances are formed in a race to save Solange’s eternal life—Lucy and Solange’s brother Nicholas, and Solange and Kieran Black—in a dual romance that is guaranteed to jump start any romance-lover’s heart.

- Reviewed by


Magic Under Glass by Jackie Dolamore

Magic Under Glass by Jackie Dolamore
YA Fantasy

Summary:
Nimira is a foreign music-hall girl forced to dance for mere pennies. When wealthy sorcerer Hollin Parry hires her to sing with a piano-playing automaton, Nimira believes it is the start of a new and better life. In Parry's world, however, buried secrets are beginning to stir. Unsettling below-stairs rumors swirl about ghosts, a madwoman roaming the halls, and Parry's involvement with a league of sorcerers who torture fairies for sport. Then Nimira discovers the spirit of a fairy gentleman named Erris is trapped inside the clockwork automaton, waiting for someone to break his curse. The two fall into a love that seems hopeless, and breaking the curse becomes a race against time, as not just their love, but the fate of the entire magical world may be in peril.

- Reviewed by


Darklight by Lesley Livingston

Darklight by Lesley Livingston
Book 2, Wondrous Strange Trilogy
YA Paranormal

Summary:
Faerie can't lie . . . or can they?

Much has changed since autumn, when Kelley Winslow learned she was a Faerie princess, fell in love with changeling guard Sonny Flannery, and saved the mortal realm from the ravages of the Wild Hunt. Now Kelley is stuck in New York City, rehearsing Romeo and Juliet and missing Sonny more with every stage kiss, while Sonny has been forced back to the Otherworld and into a deadly game of cat and mouse with the remaining Hunters and Queen Mabh herself.

When a terrifying encounter sends Kelley tumbling into the Otherworld, her reunion with Sonny is joyful but destined to be cut short. An ancient, hidden magick is stirring, and a dangerous new enemy is willing to risk everything to claim that power. Caught in a web of Faerie deception and shifting allegiances, Kelley and Sonny must tread carefully, for each next step could topple a kingdom . . . or tear them apart.

With breathtakingly high stakes, the talented Lesley Livingston delivers soaring romance and vividly magical characters in darklight, the second novel in the trilogy that began with wondrous strange.

- Reviewed by


If you have a book review for any of the new releases listed here, link it in comments and I will be happy to add it to this post. Or if I missed a new book release, please let me know so I can add it also.

-- Summaries are from Amazon.com unless otherwise stated.

9 comments:

Lea said...

Merry Christmas Donna!

I'm almost there too. I have a bit more wrapping to do and some baking. Then comes the food preparation... lol

What a wonderful post, thanks for all links and book synopses.

Best
L

Amy C said...

Hi Donna,
I'm done with my shopping :). I cook our Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve, and then a Christmas breakfast after the presents are done. But since I have to work Christmas Eve, I'll be doing most of the preparations tomorrow.

That Magic Under Glass sounds really interesting. I'll have to keep it on my radar!

Chris said...

Another quiet week in releaseland, isn't it?

Here's to getting our stuff done AND having time to enjoy the season.

Smokinhotbooks said...

Donna I think I've been a good girl this year, I should probably treat myself...to a book or something :)

DawnsReadingNook said...

I have Darklight onmy TBR list. I have the first one and I am going to start that one tonight. I love the other ones as well. Added them to my list. :) Thanks for th ese. Keep feeding my book addiction please.

Dawn R.

VampFanGirl said...

I'm truly astounded by the seemingly numerous amounts of YA releases since TWILIGHT. I'm also a little scared when it comes to attempting to read one within the genre for the choices are endless. I hope they don't glutton the market...

Donna said...

Lea - Thank you and Merry Christmas! I did some shopping today and I've have just some odds and ends to tie up then I'm done. I'm making fudge tomorrow, yum! :)

Amy - That stinks having to work Christmas Eve, I hope you get off early. I don't have make any food, just bake. We still go over my parents for Christmas brunch and have a Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve with my hubby's family.

KC - Oh, Yes! You have been good. You deserve a book or two. ;)

Dawn - The Wondrous Strange Trilogy looks interesting, I've just started reading some YA Fantasy/Paranormal. Glad I could help feed your book addiction. *evil grin*

VFG - I just wish we had this many choices when we were teenagers -- I would've been in book heaven. I don't think the market will be over stuffed...look at all of the new PNR and UF series coming out. I say the more the merrier. I like having choices. :)

Donna said...

Chris - It seems the middle weeks of the month are always quiet. They slam us at the beginning and end of the month with new releases. :)

prashant said...

I hope they don't glutton the market...

Make website india

Post a Comment

I love hearing from everyone. Tell me what your thinking.


Free counters!
Flag Counter added on October 8, 2010