New Release for Urban Fantasy for the week of January 19, 2010

I wonder if Google Docs’s ears were burning last Friday? Because they were on my %@#@ list. I guess they were upgrading my Google Docs account and I lost my 2010 New Release document that I used to keep track of upcoming books. I swear my face felt hot then cold then back to hot again. There was probably steam coming out of my ears too. Luckily, while I was ranting about it on Twitter, Kat from Fantasy Literature offered me a copy of her new release list. What a life saver Kat was for me. Thank you, Kat! So now, I feel a little better and I have list to build a new one from and a lesson learned: Backup then Backup again SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Onward...

Not much in new releases this week but the lone book listed here is a definite buy for me. I read Gentlemen Prefer Succubi by Jill Myles over the holidays and I really liked it. A lot. It was a fun, sexy read that had me laughing then fanning myself - repeatedly. I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy of Succubi Like It Hot.

**Added more new releases. Thank you Sara ( Sara's Urban Fantasy Blog ) for letting me know about The Mark.


January 19, 2010

Succubi Like It Hot by Jill Myles

Succubi Like It Hot by Jill Myles
The Succubus Diaries , Book 2
Urban Fantasy

Summary:

NOBODY SAID SUCKING WAS EASY.

With a hot new figure, her dream job as an archaeologist, and two gorgeous boyfriends to scratch her seductive Itch -- an angel and a vampire -- Jackie Brighton is totally getting the hang of life as a succubus. Then she accidentally knocks the pizza guy unconscious with her touch. Great -- she's cursed. After striking a deal to get the curse lifted by a crafty demon, Jackie and her best friend Remy take a road trip to deliver a cryptic message to the nation's oldest succubus. Unfortunately, neither of her jealous lovers is talking to Jackie right now, and due to the curse, she's desperate to get her Itch scratched very soon. Their journey gets weirder with every mile -- demonic possession, a charming stalker, a cryptic warning -- and when they get to New Orleans, Jackie discovers a dangerous catch to her supernatural bargain. Someone wants her dead -- again. Can a brainy vixen in a miniskirt outsmart the forces of evil?

- Reviewed By:


The Mark by Jen Nadol

The Mark by Jen Nadol
YA Paranormal

Summary:

Cassandra Renfield has always seen the mark—a glow around certain people reminiscent of candlelight. But the one time she mentioned it, it was dismissed as a trick of the light. Until the day she watches a man awash in the mark die. After searching her memories, Cassie realizes she can see a person’s imminent death. Not how or where, only when: today.

Armed with a vague understanding of the light, Cassie begins to explore her “gift,” seeking those marked for death and probing the line between decision and destiny. Though she’s careful to hide her secret—even from her new philosophy-obsessed boyfriend—with each impending death comes the temptation to test fate. But so many questions remain. How does the mark work? Why is she the only one who sees it? And finally, the most important of all: If you know today is someone’s last, should you tell them?

- Reviewed By:


January 21, 2010

Undead Much by Stacey Jay

Undead Much by Stacey Jay
Megan Berry, Book 2
YA Paranormal

Summary:

Q: How many guys does it take to make your boyfriend wild with jealousy?
A: Only one, if he's UNDEAD.

Megan Berry had a perfectly average new-sundress-and-boy-obsessed life--until her power to settle the Undead returned. Oh, and then her best friend tried to kill her--and ruin homecoming--with a bunch of black magically raised zombies. At least she got a spot on the pom squad and a smokin' boyfriend (Ethan). But now Megan is in deep fertilizer all over again.

Why? Well, let's see...

· Feral new super-strong zombies? Check.

· Cheerleader vs. pom squad turf war threatening half time as they know it? Check.

· An Undead psychic hottie (Cliff) who's predicting a zombie apocalypse--and doing his best to tempt Megan away from Ethan? Yum. I mean, Check.

· Earth-shattering secrets that could land Megan in Settler prison for life? Um, IT WASN'T ME!!!

Everyone thinks Megan's at fault for the new uber-zombie uprising. Looks like she'll need the help of both Cliff and Ethan if she's going to prove her innocence before it's too late...

- Reviewed By:


Here’s a few giveaways that you might be interested in:


If you have a book review for any of the new releases listed here, link it in comments and I will be happy to add it to this post. Or if I missed a new book release, please let me know so I can add it also.

-- Summaries are from Amazon.com unless otherwise stated.

12 comments:

Leontine said...

Wow, Succubi Like It Hot really got your release spotlight today Donna :D

Chris said...

Eeek! I'm glad someone had a replacement doc for you! Do you ever use EverNote? I lurv it - I use the free version.

Thanks for the mention!

Sara M said...

Just wanted to add that my little list I keep says that Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey comes out in paperback today, and The Mark by Jen Nadol releases in hardcover today. I don't know much about The Mark, but it's got some sort of paranormal theme or I wouldn't have it on my list. :)

Sophia (FV) said...

I'm glad someone was able to help you out with the new release list. It kind of freaks me out that google docs can loss a doc! :)

Donna said...

Leontine - Yes it did! But I've added a couple more books today.

Chris - I'm so glad Kat let me have a copy of her list. I'm going to check out EverNote, I've never heard of it but it doesn't hurt to have two places for notes & backups.

Sara - Thank you for the suggestions. I've added The Mark to my list. I have seen it around but for some reason it didn't click that it was paranormal.

Fiction Vixen - Oh, I was freakin' last Friday alright. That new release list represented hours upon hours of work. I was literally sick to my stomach. :(

Smokinhotbooks said...

I must read Jill Myles!!! I've heard great things around the blogsphere about her books.

Erotic Horizon said...

Glad you got your list back.... Backup is so important...

There seem to be a slew of demons and succubus releases lately... I am not a fan...

Give me plain old evil witches and wizard and shifter any day...

I am now reading karen Miller - Innocent Mage...

Hope next week gives you a better set of book to choose from...

E.H>

Abigail said...

So sorry you lost your post. First Doug, now you. Glad the blogging community rallied :)

Lola said...

Sorry about losing your document! I would have been pissed too!

Can't wait to read Succubi Like It Hot and The Mark! :)

I will be reading Beautiful Creatures next! :D

Donna said...

KC - I bet you lurve her books! I really want this next book. :)

EH - I haven't really read many succubi/incubus books. Just now starting to dip my toes in those waters. ;)

Abigail - Thanks, it's alright now. I still have a lot to add back in but I'll get there. The blogging peeps are wonderful!!

Lily - Thanks, oh believe me I was P.O. in a big way. Over it now, well for the most part 'cuz I still have an irritated tick every now and again when I think about it. ;) I hadn't realized The Mark was a paranormal, I think it's the cover.

Anonymous said...

I have THE MARK on my wish list...the one by Jill Myles looks good to though. I'll see about getting book one first.

Unknown said...

I haven't tried Gentlemen Prefer Succubi, but it on my list as well as book 2. The Mark sounds excellent too and adding it now!

Thanks Donna!

Dottie :)

Post a Comment

I love hearing from everyone. Tell me what your thinking.


Free counters!
Flag Counter added on October 8, 2010