Wanted: Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep

I’m so looking forward to the release of Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep. An urban fantasy novel based in the South starring an in-your-face, kick-ass heroine – I can’t wait to read it!

Wanted-SpiderBite  Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep
Book 1, Elemental Assassins
Urban Fantasy
Release Date: January 26, 2010

Summary:

My name is Gin, and I kill people.

They call me the Spider. I'm the most feared assassin in the South -- when I'm not busy at the Pork Pit cooking up the best barbecue in Ashland. As a Stone elemental, I can hear everything from the whispers of the gravel beneath my feet to the vibrations of the soaring Appalachian Mountains above me. My Ice magic also comes in handy for making the occasional knife. But I don't use my powers on the job unless I absolutely have to. Call it professional pride.

Now that a ruthless Air elemental has double-crossed me and killed my handler, I'm out for revenge. And I'll exterminate anyone who gets in my way -- good or bad. I may look hot, but I'm still one of the bad guys. Which is why I'm in trouble, since irresistibly rugged Detective Donovan Caine has agreed to help me. The last thing this coldhearted killer needs when I'm battling a magic more powerful than my own is a sexy distraction...especially when Donovan wants me dead just as much as the enemy.

13 comments:

Leontine said...

We received promo info from the author for ROOB and the blurb instantly caught my attention. There are three books released this year in this series and it looks good! Enjoy the read Donna :)

Mandi said...

I like your poster!!!

I started this one last night - and I have to say (I'm only on chapter two) Chapter ONE is one of the best openings I have read. Gin is awesome...so far ;)

Lea said...

Cool Promo Donna!

Thanks for the heads up, this book sounds awesome. I do like "kick ass in your face heroines".

Have a great day.
L

Michelle Greathouse said...

Donna,

This one is on my wish list too. :)

M

Chris said...

I hadn't heard about this one before, but I'm intrigued!

Donna said...

Leontine - Thanks for the information!! Three books in one year, I like that - especially if this series turns out to be good.

Mandi - Thanks! I'm so jealous! But thanks for the teaser, I might just read this one as soon as I get it. The sounds terrific. I'm looking forward to your final thoughts on this one.

Lea - Thanks you! I love "kick ass in your face heroines", they are one of my favorite types to read about. It's the best way to escape into a book. :)

Michelle - I can't wait for this one to release at the end of the month (I'll definitely be haunting the book aisles for early releases on this one). I've been wanting it for awhile.

Chris - Same here! I really like the premises of this book, it has really caught my attention.

DawnsReadingNook said...

I just pre-ordered it from BN.com. Can't wait to read it.

Smokinhotbooks said...

I'm loving the cover!

Donna said...

Dawn - Great! I can't wait either!

KC - Same here. Sexy but dangerous!

Kathryn said...

Thanks for the heads up on this, it looks great!

Donna said...

Kathryn - You're welcome! It's easy to share exciting book finds like Spider's Bite.

Wendy said...

I can't wait to read Spider's Bite, too! It sounds SO good and I'm a sucker for the cover, awesome pick Donna!

Carolyn Crane said...

I'm up for this one, too. I read Karma Girl ages ago when it came out, and I loved the sense of humor and big action!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from everyone. Tell me what your thinking.


Free counters!
Flag Counter added on October 8, 2010