RYOB Challenge 2010

The RYOB Challenge is hosted by Should Be Reading and it will be my first book challenge to participate in. Being a commitment phobe, I normally don’t sign up for book challenges but this is one that should be easy enough for me to get involved with. So I’m jumping in with both feet!!

The rules:

  • Pick a number of books you’d like to read in one year
  • Choose those books from your OWN collection
  • Read them between January 1, 2010 and December 31, 2010
  • Re-Reads are NOT allowed (the challenge is to get more of your own books read that have been sitting there waiting!)
  • Audiobooks & e-books ARE allowed
  • You do NOT need a blog to participate — you can leave comments on this post with your progress

I’m going to commit to reading 35 books currently sitting in my book shelves:

  1. Happy Hour at Casa Dracula by Marta Acosta
  2. Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur
  3. Scorched by Sharon Ashwood
  4. The Demon’s Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan
  5. The Devil Inside by Jenna Black
  6. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
  7. Nightwalker by Jocelynn Drake
  8. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
  9. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
  10. Bitter Night by Diana Pharaoh Francis
  11. Would be Witch by Kimberly Frost
  12. In Shade & Shadow by Barb & J.C. Hendee
  13. Skinwalker by Faith Hunter
  14. Passion Unleashed by Larissa Ione
  15. Personal Demons by Stacia Kane
  16. Fallen by Lauren Kate
  17. Matters of the Blood by Maria Lima
  18. Tiger Eye by Marjorie M. Liu
  19. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
  20. Drawn into Darkness by Annette McCleave
  21. Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead
  22. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
  23. Blood Angel by Justine Musk
  24. Night’s Cold Kiss by Tracy O’Hara
  25. Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler
  26. A Rush of Wings by Adrian Phoenix
  27. Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow
  28. The Ghost King by R.A. Salvatore
  29. Heart of the Dragon by Gena Showalter
  30. Slave To Sensation by Nalini Singh
  31. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
  32. Red by Jordan Summers
  33. Kitty and The Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn
  34. Stray by Rachel Vincent
  35. Blood Lines by Eileen Wilks

6 comments:

Chris said...

Good luck!

Me doing this? Would guarantee I never pulled another book off my own shelves again. :/

Oh. That veri word sure looks like it should mean something profound: hypolyza.

Donna said...

Thanks Chris!

I actually went back and forth with myself about doing this challenge because I a little afraid of what you said happening. But I decided to bite bullet and give it go. Hopefully, I don't pull a reverse psychology stunt on myself.

Blodeuedd said...

I really need to go home and see which books I am gonna read :)

Lola said...

Wow! What a great challenge! Perhaps I shall participate...I don't know though, I am not great at challenges. I get waaaay too distracted. :P

Erotic Horizon said...

I'll be rooting for you... I did this last year and I did have fun...

I see a few name on your list that I am liking alot...

E.H>

Donna said...

Blodeuedd - Good luck! It took me awhile to pick the ones I listed.

Lily - This is my first and I hope I can get these books read. Especially since they are books I've been wanting to read anyways.

EH - Thanks! You have quite of few challenges that are in, I wish you luck on those too!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from everyone. Tell me what your thinking.


Free counters!
Flag Counter added on October 8, 2010