Books Bought & Received - 7/19/09

The Eternal Kiss - Anthology edited by Trisha Telep
Release Date: 7/27/2009
Bought by Pre-Order. Amazon is already shipping. YAY! For early shipping.
Synopsis (from Amazon's website)

There's an allure to vampire tales that have seduced readers for generations. From Bram Stoker to Stephanie Meyer and beyond, vampire stories are here to stay. For those fresh-blooded fans of paranormal romance or for those whose hunt and hunger never dies, these stories have what readers want!

This collection of original tales comes from some of the hottest, most popular, and best-selling YA writers, including:
- Holly Black (The Spiderwick Chronicles, Tithe)
- Libba Bray (A Great and Terrible Beauty)
- Melissa De La Cruz (Blue Blood)
- Cassandra Clare (City of Bones)
- Rachel Caine (Morganville Vampires)
- Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie (Wicked)
- Cecil Castellucci (Boy Proof, Queen of Cool)
- Kelley Armstrong (Women of Otherworld)
- Maria V. Snyder
- Sarah Rees Brennan
- Lili St. Crow
- Karen Mahoney
- Dina James

They will make everyone a sucker for eternal kisses.

Wages of Sin (Book 1, Cin Craven Series) by Jenna Maclaine
Bought at Amazon.com
Synopsis (from author's website)

Dulcinea Craven descends from a long line of witches, and she has just inherited wild, untrained magical powers that she has no idea how to control. Now a ruthless vampire and an age-old demon are determined to enslave Cin and steal her power for their own. Her only hope is The Righteous, a band of warrior vampires who slay the rogue undead. Among them is Michael, a fierce swordsman who inflames Cin’s most primal hungers. Showing her a sensual pleasure beyond anything in the mortal realm, she must choose between the human existence she has always known, and immortality as a vampire—a new life filled with forbidden urges, dark yearning, and unearthly passions…

Grave Sins (Book 2, Cin Craven Series) by Jenna Maclaine
Won at the Sinful Summer Contest (still going on until July 30, 2009)
Synopsis (from author's website)

With Michael by her side, Cin’s latest mission brings her face-to-face with Marrakesh, a beautiful, half-mad vampire queen charged with slaughtering humans. If she’s found guilty, Marrakesh will pay with her life. But Cin is convinced that someone- or something- far more ruthless is trying to steal the queen’s throne. It’s a mission that will pit Michael and Cin against each other for the first time, awakening their darkest instincts and testing their love like never before…



Greywalker (Book 1, Greywalker Series) by Kat Richardson
Bought at Barnes & Noble
Synopsis (from author's website)

Recovering from a near-fatal accident, Seattle Private Investigator Harper Blaine develops the ability to move through the Grey: the realm of ghosts, vampires, witches, and magic that exists between our world and the next. Harper wants her life to return to normal, but when her clients turn out to be paranormal, the reluctant Greywalker is drawn into the affairs of ambitious vampires and angry ghosts. As her cases converge, Harper uncovers a plot that threatens Seattle's Grey world and must choose between honor and survival.


Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales
Bought at Barnes & Noble - On Sale, couldn't pass this up.
Synopsis (from B&N's website)

A classic of Western literature—the complete fairy tales of the Brothers Grimm. In this new edition of more than 200 tales, readers of all ages will discover The Sleeping Beauty, Rumpelstiltskin, Hansel and Gretel, Snow White, and more. Experience the magic, adventure and romance in stories of princesses and poor girls, witches and princes, swans and ravens, donkeys and devils. First compiled in 1812, these magnificent tales date back to the dawn of story-telling among the people of northern Europe.




9 comments:

Amy C said...

Hi Donna! I think you'll really like the Jenna Maclaine books. I like them. I never would have tried the first one had it not been historical, and also it helped that I won the first book :).

Blodeuedd said...

Great week for you. I see some really interesting in there. And how cool that you got the Grimm tales. One should really read the real ones and not Disney versions

Mishel (P.S. I Love Books) said...

More awesome books I see =)

I can't wait to see what you think of The Eternal Kiss anthology

Michelle Greathouse said...

Donna,

I have those Jenna Maclaine books on my wish list. :) I can't wait to see what you think about them. I'm glad to know Amy enjoyed them and hope you do as well.

M

Jo said...

Wow, you got some great books there! I'm jealous of a lot of them, but Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales... that's so cool!

Donna said...

Hi Amy & Michelle G. - Love the covers on Jenna Maclaine's books, I'm looking forward to reading them. I saw the Cin Craven series featured on another blog before but for the life of me, I can't remember whose. Wish I could remember, hate when I forget things like that. *sigh* Old age creeping up on me. ;)

Hi Blodeuedd & Jo - There was talk on another blog post about Grimm's Fairy Tales, it made me have a nostalgia moment for the tales so when I saw book yesterday, I had to get it. Fun rereading those tales and remembering them all over again.

Hi Mishel - I've started The Eternal Kiss anthology, very good. :)

Pia Veleno said...

I'm curious about what you think of Greywalker. I read some of it and loved the premise, but have yet to finish the story.

~Pia

Kimberly Swan said...

I totally missed the Eternal Kiss, but it looks like there are some great authors in it. Greywalker is a fabulous start to the series. I hope you enjoy all of your new reads!

Donna said...

I'd like to know what you think when you finish Greywalker, Pia.

Oh, Thanks, Keri!

Hi Kimberly, I've read Falling to Ashes by Karen Mahoney in Eternal Kiss so far, and I hope she continues this story into a full length book.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from everyone. Tell me what your thinking.


Free counters!
Flag Counter added on October 8, 2010