New Book Cover & Excerpt: Scorched by Sharon Ashwood

38cfg9dbrp

Just Posted by Sharon Ashwood:

Scorched by Sharon Ashwood
Book 2, The Dark Forgotten Series
Release Date: 12/1/2009
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Read an excerpt

From Authors Website:

Welcome to the Castle. The price of admission is your soul.

Ex-detective Macmillan always had a taste for bad girls, but his last lover really took the cake—and his humanity. Now half-demon, Mac's lost his friends, his family and his job.

But Constance, a strangely innocent vampire trapped in the supernatural Castle prison, needs his help. Her son has been kidnapped, so suddenly Mac has a case to work—one that embroils him with a mad sorcerer, an even madder city council, and a winged love god. The trail leads deep into the supernatural prison, and Mac soon learns that cracking the case will cost him his last scrap of his humanity.

Fiery, vulnerable Constance will do anything for those she loves, including Mac. He'll be damned if he turns his back on her… and a demon forever if he doesn't.

I read Ravenous (Book 1, The Forgotten Series) earlier this year, which was a fast, action packed read with a very different spin on what a vampire bite can do to you. The ending left you very curious about what happened to Mac, so yeah, I'm excited about Scorched. Here is a link to an excerpt for Ravenous, if you haven't check it out yet.



8 comments:

Chris said...

I'm looking forward to this one, because Ravenous was such an intense read.

Michelle Greathouse said...

I love the book cover. :)

M

Donna said...

Hi Chris - I really, really enjoyed Ravenous! Alessandro was so dark and hawt. In an interview Sharon gave awhile back, she said that Alessandro & Holly would have spot appearances in Scorched.

Donna said...

Hi Michelle G - Me too, the cover is dark and gorgeous. I would be attracted to it on a shelf in a book store. Yep! :D

Amy C said...

I really do love most all the covers for these UF! I'm just not into all that action packed goodness those types of books are loaded with. But I do like admiring the cover art.

Donna said...

Hi Amy C - Oh, love cover art too! The subject matter isn't always what I read, but I like looking. :D

Lea said...

Hot cover art Donna - I've seen a few with heroines with shiny knives lately but this one is particularly appealing.

I like the sound of the book too, I haven't read the first one so maybe I will give it a try.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Donna said...

Hi Lea - I enjoyed Sharon Ashwood's writing style in Ravenous, and she has sense of humor that comes through at just the right times. :D

Post a Comment

I love hearing from everyone. Tell me what your thinking.


Free counters!
Flag Counter added on October 8, 2010