Books Bought & Received plus Bite Club - 9/20/09


The Devil Inside by Jenna Black
Book 1, The Morgan Kingsley Series

I bought this at The Book Cellar, my favorite local bookstore. I've seen a lot of good reviews on the Morgan Kingsley series so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Book Burb from Jenna Black's website
POSSESSION. MURDER. MAYHEM. LET THE GAMES BEGIN…. Exorcism isn’t a job, it’s a calling—and a curse. Just ask Morgan Kingsley, a woman who has a stronger aura than any demon. Or so she thought. Now, in a pair of black leather pants and a kick-ass tattoo, Morgan is heading back to Philadelphia after a nasty little exorcism—and her life is about to be turned upside down…by the demon that’s gotten inside her. Not just any demon. Six feet five inches of dark, delicious temptation, this one is to die for—that is, if he doesn’t get Morgan killed first. Because while some humans vilify demons and others idolize them, Morgan’s demon is leading a war of succession no human has ever imagined. For a woman trying to live a life, and hold on to the almost-perfect man, being possessed by a gorgeous rebel demon will mean a wild ride of uninhibited thrills, shocking surprises, and pure, unadulterated terror…
The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance 2 by Tricia Telep (Editor)

I bought this from Amazon.com. Release date is September 22, 2009 but the book started shipping early. I got it this past Tuesday! I'm looking forward to reading some of my favorite authors Jaye Wells, Ann Aguirre, Larissa Ione and Jeanne C. Stein. Plus there are a couple here that I've been wanting read like Caitlin R. Kiernan, Deborah Cooke, Stacia Kane, Justine Musk, and Devon Monk, just to name a few.

Full list of authors:
Ann Aguirre
Larissa Ione
Patti O'Shea
Jennifer Ashley
Dina James
Jennifer St. Giles
Camille Bacon-Smith
Stacia Kane
Jeanne C. Stein
Dawn Cook
Caitlin R. Kiernan
Jordan Summers
Deborah Cooke
Caitlin Kittredge
Tiffany Trent
Carole Nelson Douglas
Rosemary Laurey
Jaye Wells
Angie Fox
Karen MacInerney
Diane Whiteside
Jamie Leigh Hansen
Devon Monk

Nancy Holder
Justine Musk


Book Blurb from Amazon.com
This exciting follow-up to the wildly successful Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance contains 30 short stories of hot blood, midnight pleasures, and inhuman passions. Containing the best names in the field, such as Eileen Wilks, Caitlin Kittredge, Jennifer Ashley, Dawn Cook, and Diane Whiteside, this compilation is sure to arouse attention.


VampChix is starting a monthly vampire book club, Bite Club. The first Bite Club meeting is October 30th and first book up for discussion is The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance 2. When I had seen this I was so syched since for once I actually have the book, I don't feel so behind what everyone else has already read because this has just been released. Now, I just need to be sure to read it before October 30th!

Okay, VampChix have set two simple rules for Bite Club:  

Rule #1: Tell everyone about Bite Club.  
Rule #2: Don't bleed on the carpet!

From the VampChix blog:
Here's how it works:
Each month we will feature a new vampire romance title, beginning with an author spotlight. Everyone gets a few weeks to read the book and then we meet to discuss our favorite characters, plot lines, settings, hot scenes, world building etc. etc. The blog will be open all month long for those who want to chat books, but spoilers will not be permitted until discussion day unless clearly marked. If you have a scene that jumps out and really grabs you by the neck, let's talk about it, but for those who choose to remain in the dark, spoilers can be skipped. When our club meets we can discuss any aspect of the book that appeals to us, and who knows? Maybe the author will drop in to talk too!

Where to find us: vampchixreadbooks.blogspot.com
First bite: The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance 2
First chat: October 30th

13 comments:

Enchanted by Books said...

I love Jenna Black's series. It gets better with each book. Can't wait to see what you think!

Blodeuedd said...

Good week :)
They do look interesting

Amy C said...

Hey Donna,
I read Jenna's vampire series. I really liked them. I have the first two Morgan Kingsley books. I won both of them. Someday I might read them :)
I was just looking at the Mammoth book of Paranormal Romance last night at the bookstore. I didn't know Eve Silver contributed to it! I might have to buy because she did :).

SusiSunshine said...

I love the Morgan Kinsley series. Oh, and I had the Vampire Romance book in my hand this week but the cover was damaged and bookstore refused to give me a discount so I will order it online. Enjoy your books.

Lea said...

Oh I so want a copy of The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance 2, Donna...

It isn't shipping here yet but I'm on the look out!

Nice haul.

I'm thinking about joining in on "Bite Club", but am not sure I can manage it!! lol

Thanks!
L

Donna said...

Rachael - I keep seeing her book covers and reviews on Jenna Black's books so when I seen the first book in the Morgan Kingsley series I snatched it up. ;)

Blodeuedd - My new pretties are interesting looking, aren't they? *happy grinning*

Amy - I haven't read anything by Eve Silver. Her name is another I see around. Do you have a book of hers you would recommend?

Susi - What? They wanted you to pay full price for a damaged book? Crazy nuts! I'm looking forward to reading Jenna's series.

Lea - Same here! I want to join in the book chatting also but just worried I won't get it read in time. I figure I would carry it with me and read the stories I really want to read first, then read others as I get them. Maybe this will be enough to participate in some of the book chats.

Erotic Horizon said...

Hey hon..

Cool post and I am definitely getting the Jenna Black book - I have had it on my list for a while now...


VR2 - is known as LOVE BITES over here in the UK and you wouldn't believe it came out almost three months before the US version...

It actually took me a while to realise it was the same book and that I know the editor - what are the odd...

Tricia is lovely....


I am also up for bite club, I might not finish the book, but it's always a thrill when fantasy lovers get together to haul a book over the coals....

Be seeing you there hon...

E.H>

Donna said...

EH - I vaguely remember that VR2 was released earlier in the UK. Lucky you! And you know Tricia Telep? That's so cool!!!

I hope to see you at Bite Club too!

Amy C said...

Hmm, an Eve Silver book to recommend, do you like to read gothic historicals? Her last two are very dark and very good!
His Wicked Sins and Seduced by a Stranger.

She does have two books out so far in a paranormal series, Demon's Kiss and Demon's Hunger. They were good, but I like her historicals.

And she does have two books that are futuristic written under the name Eve Kenin. Driven and Hidden. Thhose were both really good. But again, I like her gothic historicals. They're so eerie and disturbing at times. She has a way with stringing her words together that lend such a dark ambiance to the scenes. They're just so good.

I would say start with her latest, Seduced by a Stranger and see what you think!

Donna said...

Thanks Amy! I'll give Seduced by a Stranger a try. I've seen her name around and I remember seeing a couple of her books at The Book Cellar last week. I don't remember which ones they were though.

Jacqueline C. said...

I so want The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance 2. I hope you enjoy Devil Inside more than I did. I only made it 2/3 of the way through before I put it down. I just couldn't stand Morgan.

Amy C said...

You're welcome, Donna. And if or when you read it, I would love to read your thoughts!

Donna said...

Jacqueline - Yikes! I can understand though, if you can't sympathize with with the main characters, it's hard to keep reading. Hopefully, I won't have the same reaction.

Amy - I will, definitely.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from everyone. Tell me what your thinking.


Free counters!
Flag Counter added on October 8, 2010